Tuesday, June 21

Quiz of the day...

I'm disappointed, nobody came back and told me what SWMBO means... so another clue... the lead actor in the BBC series was Leo McKern.....

>>>>>ok.. I guess you all give up.... SWMBO is "She Who Must Be Obeyed"... as often used by Rumpole of the Bailey, that classic character played by Leo McKern and written by John Mortimer. Being married to a Caymanian, SWMBO is an excellent abbreviation for my wife :)

Another quiz for today.... what feral cat used to be "British and Irish" but now under Sir Clive Woodward... has changed nationality to simply "English" :(

>>>>>this one was more off the wall... I'm talking Rugby, the once proud British and Irish Lions (made up of the best of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland), since discredited this year by their current coach, who has picked a ludicrously biased side, with a squad made up of more than 50% English players (England being the team that came 4th out of 6th in the Six Nations championship this year..... and tonight Woodward names his team for the first test... my guess is 9 or 10 English out of 15.. and they will get crushed by the New Zealand team.

Sorry... Rugby is my passion...Phil (our Irish F&B manager) and I can talk Rugby for hours and no doubt bore our American guests to death if we kept it up long enough !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Tom. If you were asking a Fawlty Towers question, I could probably answer about anything. Can't remember how many episodes they made, but I pretty much can quote them word for word. Sad, isn't it?