Tuesday, June 21

Destination Weddings / Honyemooning in Cayman

I just spent time this morning at an industry seminar on "Destination Weddings and Honeymoons" and how Cayman can attract more and more people to come here.

I know at The Reef we are doing a lot of this business.... wedding groups of 4 to 104.... and we did a whole bunch of Weddings in April and May.

(note : I really must get our main website updated... not just weddings, but also Phil is going to update the new restaurant menu, Leona the new activities calendar etc etc.... ah, but my secret weapon is my new assistant who doesn't start until September... patience one and all :) )

Anyway, I came away from this seminar even more impressed at what a first class destination Cayman is for visitors, and in particular for weddings. We have some world class photographers here (I recommend David Wolfe, Patrick Broderick, Courtney Platt, Rebecca Davidson, but there are even more), wedding planners, florists, restaurants etc.... it is all here, no matter what you need.

On the Honeymoon side, I know everone loves a Honeymoon "package", whether or not they are on Honeymoon, so at The Reef we have always just called it a "Honeymoon/Romance" package. It must be popular, either that or lots of people are coming here on Honeymoon, as this week we have no fewer than 12 couples on property on that "Honeymoon/Romance package" !


No comments: