Thursday, June 23

Insanity must be hereditary

Ok, I said I would not be too personal in this blog... but I always loved the shots Erik put in his blog of his kids.

Anyway, the title says it all. The first shot is of my 7 year old Iain before his first one mile sea swim... I'll say that again... ONE MILE... boy, that is a long way.

So, what do you think he was doing before the start.. calmly composing himself and resting to save energy ? Nah... jumping around like a rabbit being shot at having fun in the water !

Anyway, second shot is of him proudly showing his finishing number 47 minutes later.

He is, quite clearly, totally mad... I wonder who he gets it from !


Posted by Hello


Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent:) Iguanas and Fish, Iguanas and Fish...

E

TomCayman said...

Hmm... E, you give me inspiration.. have been struggling for a Blog title... given that I have three boys, each of whom swims like a fish and lives for the water... how about simply "Cayman Flying Fish" ?

A vivid memory I have was sailing a Hobie Cat off NW Point many years ago and having flying fish jumping right alongside me... wild.

Also need a tagline...

Mind you, as for me and swimming.. kind of reminds me of the opening line of the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.. which went something like... "The Vogon ship floated through the air.. like bricks don't"

Mad Bull said...

You must be proud! Where did he learn to swim? MBJr. needs to learn too. It would be awesome if he could do the mile at 7 y.o. too... Hes 5.5 now, think its possible? nah! But if he can swim, honest to goodness swim, by seven, I'll work with that...