Sunday, July 10

The Reef is in East End, 23 miles from the airport

Just a reminder for everyone who is considering staying at The Reef, we are most definitively not on Seven Mile Beach.

Instead, we are 23 miles from the airport in the opposite direction. There is no traffic on the way to the resort, so if you stick rigidly to the speed limits, it is a 45 minute drive (although rumour has it that some have been known to do it in slightly less !).

Why do I mention this ? Well, it seems to me that guests seem to have one of two reactions to the resort. They either absolutely love it, or else they love the facilities (especially the beachfront suites), but other than that they wish they were on Seven Mile Beach, so that negatively colours their opinion. Recent experience this week has seen this happen again... the location thing really polarises guest opinions.

We do absolutely everything we can to make sure people know where we are located... I mean, if we could reach up and teleport the whole place and plonk it down on 7MB, we still wouldn't do it, the last thing we want is to be in the middle of insane traffic and surrounded by fast food franchises and the like.

Anyway, please, please, please make sure you know the location before you make the choice... we can arrange rental cars, as well as shuttle service, plus our concierge can let you know about the activities, restaurants etc nearby and get you fully informed... but we are where we are, can't, won't and wouldn't change it.

Sorry... Sunday rant, but I will relax now... my next door neighbour runs a steakhouse in town, H.D. Morgans (expensive, but HUGE portions), and is having a birthday party later this afternoon in the back yard for his wife.

I guess for the neighbourhood it is also a sort of celebration... 10 months after Ivan, we still have no cable TV, but we do now have new doors and windows, and they just delivered the appliances today for those units that had not gone ahead and bought there own... a real symbol of things getting back to normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were such a big swimmer, my wife and I are both avid about it. I hope everything is well, we also dodged Dennis...

E-guana

Anonymous said...

Hi how's it goin? I was just trying to see if HD Morgan's had a website, and I stumbled across your blog.

What's your involvement with swimming on the island? My girlfriend and I are new to the island, and she has a job, I am looking. Anyway, I swam competitively for 10 years in Canada, so once we get settled maybe I can help out in some way.

Good site... now bookmarked.
Later