Wednesday, July 27

Radio Cayman strikes again

On holiday today, my mobile phone rings and it is a concerned member of staff calling to ask me if I am leaving The Reef.... to which my response was.... "EH !!??"

Turns out Radio Cayman said so on the news, that I was replacing Mark Bastis as GM at the Hyatt, as he was leaving the island.

Sigh...

I am in fact replacing Mark as a Hotel sector Board Director for CITA, our private sector tourism organisation, but as for the Hyatt... nope, I love The Reef, am very happy with having been working for the Thompson Group for over 12 years, and it would take something quite astonishingly special (frankly, can't think of anything!) to cause me to even think about changing.

So... one email to Talk Today (chat show at lunchtime Cayman time, that you can hear on their website here ) later, and back to vacation as normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats and am glad you're staying. Hope you enjoy vacation, and hope to see some pics.

Have fun!