Wednesday, November 9

Worldly Advice

I received an email today from Reef owner Mary Piretti with some amusing sayings - I thought I'd share some of these with you as well as some old time Cayman sayings to prepare you for your next visit to The Reef. Enjoy.


Cayman advice:

"Spit in the sky, it fall in your eye" (meaning, What goes around comes around)

"If you can't hear, you'll feel" (meaning, If you don't listen to advice, you'll find out anyway)

"Nuh stick yu nose in a eye hole" (meaning, do not give yourself undue responsibilities that you know you can't manage)

One that you may be familiar with...
"Soon Come" (meaning many things: Be Patient, It will happen eventually or it may not happen at all!)


And some thought provoking ideas (as passed on by Mary)

The most precious thing we have is life. Yet it has
absolutely no trade-in value


Everyday I beat my own previous record for
number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.


Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like
having a peeing section in a swimming pool?


Sometimes I get the sudden urge to run around
naked. But then I just drink some Windex..
It keeps me from streaking.





Feel free to add your own amusing thoughts - after all - Advice is one of those things it is far more blessed to give than to receive ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alot of that going around today

http://www.caymannetnews.com/2005/11/963/commentary.shtml