Friday, September 28

Reef Profile Shawn Dyer (Maintenance)

As a kid growing up in Jamaica, Shawn could be found swimming by the river, playing cricket, or making kites. As an young adult he worked in a bauxite factory back home before arriving in Grand Cayman over 3 years ago.

Shawn has been a member of The Reef for over 2 years. He says, "Some of my favorite memories have been the people i have met here. I really enjoy interacting with both the guest and staff on a daily basis. My main priority is to ensure guest satisfaction with the resort never ends."

Shaun is married with 5 kids, in fact when asked what his greatest accomplishment in life was he said, "It would first be my five beautiful children, second would be purchasing my first home, and third would be my promotion to Head of Maintenance here at The Reef Resort. The thing that would make me happiest in life is too see all my children graduate college."






When not at work some of Shaun's favorite hobbies include playing dominoes, snorkeling at Beach Bay, and watching TV. Some of those favorite shows on TV include "Fresh Prince" and "Everybody loves Raymond", and his favorite music is Country, especially Conway Twitty and Charlie Pride. When asked what his most embarrassing moment was Shawn replied, "It would be the time Tom (Resort Director) was trying to reach me and i had my cell phone turned off."

I asked Mr. Lawrence (General Manager) what was one thing that people did not know about Shawn but should and he had this to say, "The one thing that people don't know about Shawn is that he is very humble and productive individual."

Just another example of Reef excellence.

No comments: