Sunday, November 5

Hello from Calgary!!



Hello everyone!! This is my first blog from the great white north!! Just in case some of you have forgotten, I am in Calgary, Alberta (Canada) A lot has happened in the past few months, a few which I wish to just forget, a few which will follow me for life, but school is great. The teachers are excellent, public transport is great, it only takes me 20 mins to school. For shopping and such, well, that's another story!! Was thinking about getting a car, but as I have never driven on icy roads, decided against it!!. Oh, and by the way..I'M LOVING THE COLD!! It took some getting used to at first, but I think I have acclimated pretty well (yes I know it will get colder!!). As promised, I have included pictures of my first snowman!! This was harder than I thought, as it all looked sooooo easy on tv u know, but I discovered that picking up a snow man sized ball isn't as easy as it looks!!! No worries, in the end, I accomplished the task, and for my first one, I must say I did a great job!! The snow was only about 8-10 inches deep, but it was a great experience.

I will blog more later. I will be attending the Presidents Ball at the university on Thursday Nov. 9th. I won the ticket for being one of the top employees ( I work part time as well), so that is all exciting. I will post photos in a few days. I am also looking forward to more snow (I know I know, I must be sick!! LOL), but don't forget, I am not driving, so I don't have to deal with the car not starting, or the traffic on the road. I just sit nicely on the bus/c-train, and let them do the driving. I just loving watching the snow fall, it so beautiful. Ok everyone, thanks for reading!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect snowman!

Love the blog....keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Keep the snow in Calgary and away from Ottawa. Looks like Ottawa will enjoy a green XMass for a change. Nice?