Friday, July 14

Farewell Reef Resort, Owners and Past Guests!!


Today - Friday July 14, 2006 - is my last day here at The Reef Resort. I have had a memorable 2.5 years here, and it hurts my heart to leave. Yet, I am happy as I will be leaving to further my education. They all think I am nuts here, as I am going to be studying in Canada. Basically, leaving the warmth for the cold. But I am sure I will manage, and besides, I love challenges!! Also looking forward to being a student again.


Even though I will be physically leaving The Reef, the memories will always follow me wherever I go. Especially Phil’s daily phone messages, or Leona’s artsy crafty days, and of course Castro as well. I'm gonna miss watching the crew at the bar on a Sunday, and I will definitley miss helping guests plan their vacation. Speaking of which, my replacements will be Shankino Ebanks, Nelesa Connoly, and a lot of you are already familiar with Leona Baker!! They are more than capable on helping you plan your vacation, so don’t hesitate to email them at concierge@thereef.com.ky
I have also gotten to know many of the owners here at the resort, and will definitely miss seeing you all each year. All I can say is that I will be back!! I will come home for summer break and maybe winter as well, but this year, I am looking forward to experiencing my first white Christmas!! Looking forward to building my first snowman, and throwing my first snowball!! If it’s ok with The Reef, I would like to blog on my first snow experience!!

So, farewell my friends, but do not be disheartened, as the memories will continue to live on!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethel,

You will be missed. Not everyone is so easy to laugh and have fun as you. Take care and study hard and have fun along the way.

love ya

Leona

Cool Beans said...

Thanks Leona!! I promis not to lose my cheerfulness, as I really do love to laugh!! Definitely will be studying hard, and will most defintely enjoy myself.

Laters!!

Ethel

Anonymous said...

Ethel! Dear sweet wonderful Ethel! You will definately be missed greatly by so many. We wish you the very best and you must keep us updated on your new adventures. Best of luck to you and hope that we see you on one of your visits home. Keep smilin!
Sincerely,
Nancy and Bob Gunderson

Cool Beans said...

Hi Nancy & Bob,

MY smile will never cease!! I most definitely keep in touch, and thanks for the well wishes!!

Cool Beans said...

LOL, I am lookign forward to picking up those "ayes". Thanks again for the well wishes!!

Anonymous said...

Ethel.........you will be VERY much missed! We wish you all the best in Canada and with that first snowman....don't forget to use a carrot for the nose....and put a cockatoo on his shoulder!

Safe travels and God bless,
Celine and Bill Huemrich

Anonymous said...

Ethel, all the best in our homeland, we shall certainly miss you. What part of the Great White North are you going to be living in?

Monica and Carl

Cool Beans said...

Hi AJ, I am sure we will meet again, and then we can have that drink!!

Celine & Bill,

Thanks for the well wishes, I know about the carrot for the nose...but a cockatoo on his shoulder?? Thats new!!!

Carl & Monica, I will be in Calgary, Alberta. I type this as I sit to board the plane for my first connection. I am sooooooooooo excited.

Thanks to everyone, as I enjoyed my time at The Reef, meetion its owners, as well as the many visitors. I will definitely be keeping in touch.

Anonymous said...

Safe travels Ethel! The cockatoo was a joke.......in honor of Castro.....besides, you'll have the only snowman with a cockatoo on it's shoulder, so yours will be unique.....and it's white so it won't be a problem......you're going to be seeing a LOT of snow in Canada!
Celine

Anonymous said...

Ethel,
After you make your first snowman, try a snow sea turtle and a snow stingray. I do this in the winter when I am missing Cayman. It's fun! Good luck, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Well, Calgary will never be the same!

You've missed Stampede but there's always next year.

I have no doubt you'll enjoy the city and the nearby snow topped mountains - talk about a different place than Cayman! Just remember to plug in your car in the winter or it might not start - did they happen to mention that it gets REALLY COLD there? Just think chinook - no not the fish! You'll know what I mean.

Cheers!

Carl