Friday, December 23

Castro's Christmas Speech



As I look back over these past 12 months, actually, it feels more like a year, I know that it has been about as full a time as I can remember.

The year started off looking like it was going to be an Annus Horribilis, to quote the Queen, and I don’t mean Elton John. I began the year away from my beloved home, The Reef Resort, as the staff here kept their noses to the grindstone, their shoulders to the wheel and their ears to the ground – the chiropractors made a fortune – and everyone rallied together toward the common goal of re-opening the resort post-Ivan
I have said this many a time with guests – and many of you know only too well from your own experience -- that team work and human support in times of need is a powerful thing. As my grandfather said, birds of a feather stick together, just like nose-hairs, not that I’ve got any. That reminds me, it’s about time for my shower.

The speed of recovery and being among the first to re-open was a real achievement, but it also seemed to evoke something more lasting and profound – a new hurricane proof beach bar for me to look at…oh, and a sense of belonging and pride in our resort.

Fortified by far more nuts and crackers than is good for my physique, and the support you have given me throughout the last 12 months, which has meant so much to me, I look forward to the New Year. I look forward to facing the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead, and to continuing to serve you to the best of my ability each and every day. And on a more personal level, I look forward to finally finding love and commitment, but only for one night.

I’ve always said that if you can fake sincerity you’ve got it made, so – Have a Great Year. No, I really mean it…Honestly…Trust me…
A Happy Christmas to you all.

* * * * * * * *

The Staff at The Reef send you festive wishes and tidings of joy at this wonderful time of year.
If you're already here at The Reef - we wish you a very happy holiday with us.

PS/ If you missed our Holiday Edition of Ripples from The Reef you can read it here
And if you enjoyed the read, sign up for future newsletters here

No comments: